Car Raid Story

Sadie McDonald’s Car Raid Essay
1. Kim Sebek
She is my aunt who lives in Temple,TX.

2. Make: Toyota
model: Four Runner
year of the vehicle:2016

3. Clean, seat covers, crystal ball hanging from rearview mirror, air freshener, a hitch on the back of the car, leopard blanket in the backseat, lots of trunk space, gum in the front pocket. Well kept, taken care of.

4. What is your age? I am fifty years old.
Where were you born? I was born in San Marcos, Texas.
What is your occupation? I am a junior college educator and basketball coach at Temple College.
Were you always interested in being a college coach in basketball as your job? No, at first I wanted to be a journalist and write and commentate about sports.

5. Why do you have a hitch on the back of your car? To haul a boat to the coast for fishing.
Do you haul your boat to the coast to fish a lot? Yes.
Where is your bay house/where do you fish? I fish in the Gulf of Mexico. My bay house is located in Palacios, Texas.
Why do you have a leopard blanket in your car? I have a leopard blanket in my car because I coach for the Lady Leopards basketball team. Our mascot is a leopard so I got a leopard blanket for when it’s cold.
Have you always been the Lady Leopard basketball head coach? I first started coaching at Chapel Hill high school and then moved to Temple Junior college as I got more coaching experience.
Did you play basketball as a child, in highschool or in college?Yes. I played many sports as a child but then decided that I liked basketball the most. As a teenager, I won the pepsi hot shot basketball competition. The pepsi hot shot competition is for shooters to compete by shooting from different spots on the court. The winner makes the most shots! I played basketball at San Marcos High School and then transferred to Westlake High School. I then played at Tyler Junior college but then transferred to Alabama at Birmingham.
Why do you have a crystal hanging from the rearview mirror? I have a crystal hanging below the rearview mirror because I like to see the prisms and rainbow colors it forms in the sunlight. It reminds me of my mom who passed away in 2002.

STORY:

Kim Sebek, owner of a 2016 Toyota Four Runner, has many depthening elements in her car. Kim’s car is very clean, has seat covers for her fabricated seats, a crystal ball hanging from rearview mirror, an air freshener, a hitch on the back of the car, a leopard blanket in the backseat and is very well kept.
Kim is very true, stellar and fun just like her car! Her car has some of the main components of her life, it is shiny and grey, and it has fun features like a good speaker system and charging ports.
One of the key components to Sebek’s car is her leopard blanket. “I have a leopard blanket in my car because I coach for the Lady Leopards basketball team. Our mascot is a leopard so I got a leopard blanket for when it’s cold,” she explained. Kim has always been a huge fan of sports, and is a junior college basketball coach today. Although she loves being on the court, primarily she wanted to have a different occupation. “At first I wanted to be a journalist and write and commentate about sports,’ Kim explained.
Sebek was born in San Marcos, Texas in 1968. Ever since she was a child, she has loved sports. Kim described her childhood as “I played many sports as a child but then decided that I liked basketball the most. As a teenager, I won the pepsi hot shot basketball competition. I played basketball at San Marcos High School and then transferred to Westlake High School. I then played at Tyler Junior college but then transferred to Alabama at Birmingham.” After she became an elite athlete, she decided to become a health educator and basketball coach. “I first started coaching at Chapel Hill high school and then moved to Temple Junior college as I got more coaching experience,” Kim said.
Although sports has a big impact on Sebek’s life, so is going to her retreat in the Gulf of Mexico. Infact, she has a hitch on the back of her car so she can transport her boat to the coast. “I constantly use the hitch on my car to haul a boat to the coast for fishing,” Sebek explained, “I fish in the Gulf of Mexico. My bay house is located in Palacios, Texas.”
While Sebek can’t always see the beautiful bay sunsets in Palacios, she can see beautiful colors in her crystal prism hanging below her rearview mirror. “I have a crystal hanging below the rearview mirror because I like to see the prisms and rainbow colors it forms in the sunlight. It specifically reminds me of my mom who passed away,” Kim informed.
Sebek has many intricate features in  her car that tell her story. Not only does Sebek’s car help tell her story, but helps her live it(by transporting her to her favorite places)!

[The pepsi hot shot competition is for shooters to compete by shooting from different spots on the court. The winner makes the most shots!]


Pictures BELOW:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazines Part 2

Critiquing Another Photographer's Academic Shoot

My Favorite Cover