Self Portrait Intro

Self Portrait Tips:

1. Alter Your Perspective

Most portraits are taken with the camera at (or around) the eye level of the subject. While this is good common sense – completely changing the angle that you shoot from can give your portrait a real WOW factor.

2. Go with a Wide Angle

Shooting with a wide angle lens attached to your camera can help create some memorable shots when you’re doing portrait photography.
3. Approaching Unfamiliar Cultures


One of the keys to success in photographing cultures different from your own is doing as much research as you can before you go. 


Environmental Portraits:

Image result for environmental portraits
I like this picture because of how the photographer captured the fire's sparks. It creates an exciting picture because of the sparks flying everywhere! This portrait also creates a story because now I am wondering how long he has been in this profession and I want to learn more details about him! The photographer did a good job on capturing every spark. It foreshadows a theme that even the tiniest details matter.
Image result for environmental portraits of musicians
I like this picture because of the photographer's meaning and viewpoint. It shows this man who is an amazing artist at a different view that captures a lot of his artwork. I like how it is shot from above because it shows the artist in a different way than most photographers would.

Self Portraits:
Image result for photography self portraits
I like this portrait because it is SO CREATIVE! It promotes that there are so many unique people in the world and they can sometimes be afraid to share their true colors because of all the judgement in their community.
DSC_0466 resize
I like this portrait because it is very unique. The mirror foreshadows that not everything is what it seems to be because many times people hide their true personality to fit in.


Casual Portraits:

Image result for casual portraits
I like this portrait because captures cute little kids in the moment as they blow the dandelions. 
Image result for casual portraits
I like this portrait because the little girl's eyes lead me to curiosity because I want to see what she is excited about.

For my portrait assignment I would like to shoot myself (Sadie) in the choir or music hall because I am a musician. I would like to incorporate an instrument I play or a microphone in my portraits because music is my love in life and it means everything to me. I will make my shoot successful by telling my story through clear, focused portraits that show I am very passionate about my love for my  music. 
































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazines Part 2

Critiquing Another Photographer's Academic Shoot

My Favorite Cover