Recap of 2018

Top 3 Favorite Photos:
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and the Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle hold hands during their post-wedding carriage procession in Windsor, England, on May 19.
This is one of my favorite photos of the year because it shows the huge step the Royal family took when they allowed a bi-racial American actress to wed their Prince Harry. Although Harry will never become the King of England, this really shows how their Kingdom has Gaven the slightest acceptance of people with different races. Not to mention, Meghan had so much courage and went through so much in order to marry Harry.

Stevante Clark, brother of Stephon Clark, addresses fellow protesters in response to the police shooting of his brother, in Sacramento on March 28. Stephon was fatally shot 10 days earlier.
This is another one of my favorite photos because of how much emotion the speaker has exerted into his speech. He is turned by the death, brutality, violence and hatred. He is moved by the fact that everyone is not treated the same and e is willing to risk himself and make himself vulnerable to advocate for what he believes.
Aretha Franklin's casket during a viewing at the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History in Detroit on Aug. 28. Franklin, 76, died from advanced pancreatic cancer on Aug. 16.
This is one of my favorite pictures of the year as well because Aretha Franklin, one of the most legendary musicians of all time, passed away. Aretha had the voice of an angel and this picture at her funeral portrays that she was an angel not only within her voice, but her soul. The roses show Aretha's beauty and I think her red dress represents the fire and drive she had to be the best she could be.

Prompts of the Year:

1. I believe the best song of the year was Hurricane by Luke Combs (Country singer). It may not have been the BIGGEST hit of the year (according to the books) but country music made a huge comeback this year and captivated so many people again! There were so many AMAZING songs and I love them all, but I think this song had a great beat, relatable concept, and it was very well written. I think it was one of the biggest hits of 2018 because so many people can relate to being hit with something very fast without warning no matter if it is a person, event or idea. The song states "You hit me like a hurricane" which many people can relate to because so many people forget to expect the unexpected and get surprised with big news or a person.... This song is also very upbeat and good for dancing and singing too!
Image result for hurricane luke combs

2. I think the biggest movie of the year was easily Black Panther. I chose this movie because it was emotion filled, action packed, had a strong and very realistic plot for the realities of 2018. The movie also had a good setting and an amazing cast. This was the best movie of 2018 because so many people realized the power of evil, fell in love with the movie and it's characters and it was inspiring.Image result for black panther

3. I think the most important news story of 2018 was hearing the Devastating shooting in Parkland, Florida at Stoneman Douglass High school. 17 students and staff died on campus that day, and it was unforgettable. There had been shootings in the past, but this one killed so many young children and people just starting their lives. It was very sad because it happened in a "safe" environment- school. I think this is the biggest story of the year because so many other shootings happened after it but the Stoneman Douglass shooting caused anger, upset, grief and started the yearlong protests that affected our whole country.

Image result for stoneman douglas shooting

4. The most significant person of 2018 was Meghan Markle. I believe she was the courageous barrier breaker for many all over the world. Meghan, a colored American movie star, married Prince Harry of Sussex. The fact that the Queen accepted Meghan for who she was in England is very considerate of her. She changed many people's perspectives, angered many and changed the world by letting the first bi-racial foreign woman marry into her family. Meghan was very brave, strong and adaptable to the Royal Kingdom and inspired many!

5. I think the biggest sports event of the year was the Super Bowl LII. The Eagles (underdogs of the game) along with their backup and in-experienced QB Nick Foles took the exhilarating win. Nick took the leadership position of being the quarterback and used his throwing skills to lead his team to victory against the legendary Tom Brady and his Patriots.
Image result for super bowl 2018 nick foles

My Winter Break:

1. I will remember making Christmas cookies with my mom. I always have so much fun and every year I make new and creative cookies, icing colors and designs with my mom. I slash get to catch up and talk to my mom while making the cookies and this year was one to remember.
2. In 2019, I want to be in the top 10% of my class, improve and become a better volleyball player, work on my leadership skills, get over my fear of stage fright and finish my first album (music).
3. I am looking forward to shaping myself to become a better person, making new friends and becoming closer with my family.

































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazines Part 2

Critiquing Another Photographer's Academic Shoot

My Favorite Cover